- The rush to ‘go electric’ comes with a hidden cost: Destructive lithium mining. As the world moves towards electric cars and renewable grids, demand for lithium is wreaking havoc in northern Chile. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/14/electric-cost-lithium-mining-decarbonasation-salt-flats-chile 610 comments technology
- The rush to ‘go electric’ comes with a hidden cost: destructive lithium mining https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/14/electric-cost-lithium-mining-decarbonasation-salt-flats-chile 18 comments environment
- Chile protesters block access to lithium operations: local leader | Reuters https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chile-protests-lithium/chile-protesters-block-access-to-lithium-operations-local-leader-iduskbn1x42b9 9 comments
- As electric vehicles take off, we'll need to recycle their batteries https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/article/electric-vehicles-take-off-recycling-ev-batteries 1 comment
- Lithium Mining Projects May Not Be Green Friendly - The New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/06/business/lithium-mining-race.html 0 comments
- The Role of Critical Minerals in Clean Energy Transitions – Analysis - IEA https://www.iea.org/reports/the-role-of-critical-minerals-in-clean-energy-transitions 0 comments
Search whole site: site:www.theguardian.com
See how to search.