- Apparently, on MacOS High Sierra, you can authenticate as "root" with no password by just clicking "ok" a few times. (I just tried, it works) https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/28/macos-high-sierra-bug-admin-access/amp/ 6 comments technology
- Lemi Orhan Ergin on Twitter: "Dear @AppleSupport, we noticed a *HUGE* security issue at MacOS High Sierra. Anyone can login as "root" with empty password after clicking on login button several times. Are you aware of it @Apple?" / Twitter https://twitter.com/lemiorhan/status/935578694541770752 1340 comments
- How to enable the root user or change the root password on Mac - Apple Support https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204012 11 comments
- Apple Releases macOS High Sierra Security Update to Fix Root Password Vulnerability - MacRumors https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/29/apple-fixes-root-password-bug-security-update/ 7 comments
- Here's How to Temporarily Fix the macOS High Sierra Bug That Gives Full Admin Access to Your Mac Sans Password [Updated] - MacRumors https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/temporarily-fix-macos-high-sierra-root-bug/ 0 comments
Search whole site: site:www.macrumors.com
See how to search.