- Now android phones are being rooted via Linux "Dirty Cow" exploit - what does this mean for Linux? http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/10/android-phones-rooted-by-most-serious-linux-escalation-bug-ever/ 288 comments linux
- Android can be rooted using recently discovered Linux vulnerability http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/10/android-phones-rooted-by-most-serious-linux-escalation-bug-ever/ 233 comments programming
- “Most serious” Linux privilege-escalation bug ever is under active exploit (updated) | Ars Technica http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/10/most-serious-linux-privilege-escalation-bug-ever-is-under-active-exploit/#p3 512 comments
- Using Rowhammer bitflips to root Android phones is now a thing | Ars Technica http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/10/using-rowhammer-bitflips-to-root-android-phones-is-now-a-thing/ 144 comments
- dirtycow.github.io/dirtyc0w.c at master · dirtycow/dirtycow.github.io · GitHub https://github.com/dirtycow/dirtycow.github.io/blob/master/dirtyc0w.c 86 comments
- 10 million Android phones infected by all-powerful auto-rooting apps | Ars Technica http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/07/virulent-auto-rooting-malware-takes-control-of-10-million-android-devices/ 10 comments
- Was the Google Pixel built in a mere 9 months? It would explain a lot… | Ars Technica http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/10/the-google-pixel-a-nine-month-dash-to-mold-an-htc-phone-into-a-google-product/ 6 comments
- GitHub - timwr/CVE-2016-5195: CVE-2016-5195 (dirtycow/dirtyc0w) proof of concept for Android https://github.com/timwr/CVE-2016-5195 0 comments
Would you like to stay up to date with Unix? Checkout Unix Weekly.
Search whole site: site:arstechnica.com
See how to search.